The Hour of Code™ is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week (csedweek.org) and Code.org (code.org) to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming. It is a one hour activity to create interest in the technology that is changing our world. The basics help nurture creativity and problem solving skills, and prepare students for any future career. The Hour of Code is a global project with more than 100 million learners in 180 countries and each of our students will be participating! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Mrs. Monroe at email@example.com.
As a parent, you were your child's first teacher, Even when your child is in school, you still teach important lessons every day. When parents and schools work together, students do better. Here are some suggestions on ways you can make a difference in your child's education. They don't cost money. They don't require training. All they need is you.
1. Read to your child every day. Long after children learn to read for themselves, they love this special time with Mom or Dad. Kids who are read to are the kids who want to read on their own.
2. Join your school's parent teacher organization. Everyone benefits when we work together.
3. Volunteer. The more help parents give teachers, the more time teachers can spend with students. Work full time? There are still ways you can help. Ask your child's teacher what you can do.
4. Let your children know school is important. Ask about homework. Attend school events. Talk about how you use what you learned in school in your job.
5. Recognize your child's special gifts. Each child has special talents. Perhaps the most important thing you can do is to help your child see how he or she is special. That boosts confidence and sets the stage for learning.
Shared from the Parent Institute: Parents Make the Difference
Dr. Zipparo, Principal of Reeds Road School
- May Events
- Our Mission
- About Reeds Road
- District Website
- Food Services
- Lunch Menu
- Lunch Sneak Peek
- Important Documents/Back to School